Houlihan's build your own

Restaurant: Houlihan's
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Burger: Build your own

Ingredients: Lettuce, tomato, red onion, nine month aged Tillamok cheddar, wheat bun

Verdict: The meat had a nice crisp exterior with a rich and juicy center.  The lettuce was fresh and the red onion added all the bite needed for this burger.  The only non meat item that left me wanting was the overripe tomato.  So much so, that I had to remove it.  This was my first encounter with Tillamok cheddar and I can only describe it as unique.  It was like a blend of cheddar and swiss with a little kick.  I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting some variety with their cheese.  All in all, a good standard for what a burger should be.  Not great, but not bad.

On the side:  Overly seasoned fries.  Usually not a problem for Houlihan's, so it was a bit of a shock.

Three out of five stars.

Comments