To Jack

You know what I've realized?  Life is good.  I have a wonderful life.  I have a woman who loves me, a child on the way, and one hell of a video game collection.

Growing up, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life.  Five years ago, I still wasn't sure.  I've taken life at a very laid back pace.  For a long time, my philosophy has been, "Whatever happens, happens."  I think it has worked out.  Life is on track for being awesome.

For the first time in a long while, I feel content.  I sit at the in laws, just having eaten.  I'm fat, happy, and very warm in my fleece.  It's truly the little things that add up and make everything sublime. 

For a long time, I've wondered what my purpose in life was.  What role I was meant to fill.  I'm shocked to admit that once I learned I was going to be a father, I felt like I had acheived my purpose.  The primal drive to pass on one's genes.  It's so simple, I didn't think it would feel this wonderful.  I'm going to be a father and love something for the first time in my life on a totally different level.  I still feel that I need to make something of myself, but now I have one more reason to do so.  It seems cliche, and I'm sure that millions of others have experienced this.  It's something we can all relate to, those that have passed on their legacy.

My goal now, is to make sure my child has a legacy worth inheriting.

Comments