Cataclysm

For those in the know, or those that don't live on Mars, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is out.  It's the last big hit of 2010 and I don't know if I can jump back in.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love World of Warcraft.  From the lore to the incredibly immersive world, Blizzard has crafted what I consider a perfect fantasy world.  What absolutely kills it for me each time I come back is the community.  Granted, I play on one of the oldest servers in the game, but WoW has a reputation for making Xbox Live look like and example of tolerance.

What draws me back is the chance to play with old friends again, new classes, and a totally revised world.  I really want to create a Worgen and unleash the fury as a warrior.


What gives me pause, is the community.  I hate them with a passion.  Stories like this are what keep me at bay.  It's a community full of elitists unwilling to help.  Thankfully, I have a group of friends to play with, but do I really want to get back on the crack pony?

Comments