App of the Week: PC Remote for Windows 7 Phone

PC Remote is a free app that provides a basic remote control for your PC.  It's very simple to get up and running once you've installed the app and downloaded the software to your PC.  Once you've run the installed software, a pop-up will appear with your PC's name and IP address.  You'll enter these settings on the phone and within seconds you're controlling your PC via phone.

You have very basic features with the app; a keyboard, mouse, Windows Media Center, and Windows Media Player controller.  The mouse is pretty laggy and at one time the signal was lost.  Overall it works well enough for me not to complain, especially since it's a free app.  Plus it's made watching Hulu and Netflix in bed a whole lot more enjoyable now that I don't have to get up at the end of the movie.

I would love to see an update that integrates the Zune.  But much like the fabled update or update to the update, I'm not holding my breath. 

PC Remote

Comments