App of the Week: Manga 7

I grew up on comics.  The first comic I read was Spider-Man vs the Kingpin. The fat bastard suffocated a guy between his rolls.  Early on, the artistic styling of manga attracted me to the genre.  So much so that I began changing my own art style at the age of 12.  

Since getting my Windows Phone and seeing the Comixology app for iOS, I've been yearning for a great comic reader.  Manga 7 is all that and more.  All for the low, low price of free.

Manga 7 has a fantastic collection of the most popular manga on the market.  Each series has the full collection, ready to read to little to no load time.  There is the option to skip to anywhere in the book using a slider and swiping from page to page is a breeze.  The only issue I have isn't a problem with the app itself.  Phones weren't meant for extensive reading.  It's like staring at a 4" light bulb.  It's not too long before your eyes are screaming bloody murder.  

In the end, this is a perfect way for me to read through my favorite series without have to spend a fortune or living like a hobo in a book store.  Plus, there's plenty of series I can give a test read without a loss.  It's well worth the space if you're a fan of the genre or comics in general.

Comments