Dockers Bar and Cafe's Bacon Cheeseburger

Place: Dockers Bar and Cafe
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Burger: Bacon Cheeseburger
Ingredients: 1/2lb beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, American cheese on a lightly toasted bun


My rule of thumb with any new restaurant is to always order the burger.  It's one of the easiest items to make and can come in a wide variety of flavors.  I've learned that it is a good way to get a baseline reading of an establishment.  Plus, when in doubt, what is better than a tasty burger?


We found this place while traveling back to the airport in Fort Lauderdale, FL (first out of state review!).  It was a pleasant bar and grill seated next to a marina where many a yacht was docked.  The atmosphere was casual and the staff friendly despite their "Don't mess with the locals!" shirts.


The burger itself was delicious.  I wasn't expecting much based on all of my recent outings, but apparently Florida (unlike Wisconsin)  has its act together.  There wasn't an ounce of grease on this burger and it was so full of flavor that my head nearly exploded.  These basic ingredients are key to the classic burger and each supported one another in a way that I'm reminded of why I love burgers so much.  It was so good that by the end, even though I was stuffed, I wanted another just so I could partake in it's deliciousness.


So if you're ever in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area, do yourself a favor and try this burger.  I guarantee you won't regret it.


On the Side: Delicious crispy fries.

Four and a half out of five stars

Comments