Wheelin' and Dealin' at Gamestop

Times are hard.  The economy is in the crapper.  My bank account laughs at me each time I check it.  There's a ton of great games coming out this Fall, but no money to get all of them.  What's a guy to do?

I took inventory of my collection and trimmed it down.  I took five games that I no longer play and went to Gamestop.  While titles like Batman: Arkham City and Battlefield 3 caught my interest more, I knew that if I wanted to spend any time playing online with my friends, I would have to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. So here's the breakdown of what was traded and how much I got.  Bear in mind that I got an extra 10% for having a PowerUp Card and 30% for putting it towards Modern Warfare 3.

Aliens vs Predator - $7.00
DragonBall: Raging Blast - $14.00
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $8.40
Madden NFL 2010 - $1.40
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $12.60

All told, I got $43.40 for some games that will only collect dust.  Add in the $3.49 I had remaining on the card and I ended up paying $13.82 out of pocket for a new game.  Not too bad.

Comments