Popeyes' Buccaneer Bacon Burger


Place: Popeyes
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Burger: Buccaneer Bacon Burger
Ingredients: Old English American cheese, country smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions


Verdict: 
Popeye's in Lake Geneva has yet to produce a truly exemplary burger.  It had been some time since I paid the lakeside restaurant a visit and the menu had been updated, so I figured I'd give it another try.  I almost wish I hadn't.

The order was medium, but when it came out, there was a pool of blood on the plate.  To make it to the plate, it had to travel through the bottom bun which itself was more like a sponge.  There was a fair amount of pink inside the burger and the meat had the same bland, greasy flavor as the Ultimate Cheeseburger.

The fresh toppings helped to offset the sub-par meat, but the texture of the spongy lower bun did almost as much to detract.  This is the third burger I've had from Popeye's and the second which has let me down.

On the side: 
Perfectly cooked, crispy, and seasoned fries


Comments