Hello Friends

Hello, friends.  It's been some time since I've addressed you so informally.  I apologize.  We should get together and hang out more.  I'll make the coffee if you bring the cookies.

For a little over a decade now, I've been putting the bulk of my creative content on the Internet.  From terrible prose to short stories to webcomics and now broadcasting games...I've dabbled in a lot.  While the bulk of what I do is to try and entertain others, I also do it for very selfish reasons.  I am a very introverted person.  That bothers me.  I see the great content that people like Scott Johnson, Tom Merritt, Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young, and so many others produce and it leaves me incredibly envious.  Not of their success, but that they can perform so well and so reliably.

I want to be like them in that I produce great content on a regular basis.  To help with that, I've been working on my Zero Lives broadcast.  It was originally a way to show the games I was playing and what I liked about them.  At first, I didn't even use a microphone.  I didn't plan on people really watching them.  But it turns out, there were a few of you that did watch.  And for whatever reason, the lot of you wanted to hear me talk.

That little bit of support meant the world to me.  But I still have to be selfish.  If I'm going to break out of this shell and do what I really want to, I have to keep making the show.  I have to embrace that discomfort and work past it.  Because that's the trick of it, I have a lot of fun once I get my mind off the fact I'm putting myself out there.  That is what is going to produce the best content, enjoying the work I do.

Now, I want to bring you more of that content.  For the past few weeks, I've been broadcasting on Twitch.tv as part of the revival of Zero Lives.  Episodes are recorded every Monday and Wednesday at 8pm CST.  I've not asked for anything when it comes to my creative work.  But now, I'm asking for your help.  If you find any value in what I do, please consider becoming a Patron at Patreon.com.  Anything you can contribute is immensely appreciated.  If you can't contribute anything, consider telling a friend about the show.

I say it's a therapeutic gaming podcast because it's just that for me, therapy.  I spend so much time stuck inside my own head, it's easy to get lost.  I've struggled with depression, suicidal tendencies, and all manner of other unpleasant business for nearly half my life now.  But this, this helps that.

Thank you for all of the support you've given me over the years.  This site, the content, it's what makes me come alive.  I look forward to bringing you more entertainment for a very long time to come.


Comments