Olympic Restaurant - Olympic Burger

Place: Olympic Restaurant
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Ingredients: 1/3 lb beef patty, sauteed onions, mushrooms, green peppers


Verdict:
I will admit. I am a flawed man. I have my biases. One of which is that each trip to the Olympic Restaurant in Lake Geneva ends with either a bad meal or...a bad meal. So, when the lady friend suggested this trip, I didn't expect much. The snow was coming down hard, I was already in an off mood, and it was late.


That being said, the Olympic Restaurant turned out to be exactly what I needed. What I didn't expect to turn out to be anything, was in fact quite the opposite. The quaint home-grown family restaurant provided a warm and inviting atmosphere which stood in beautiful contrast to the heavily falling snow outside. Add in some good company, the murmurs of a family enjoying their own dinner, and the dulcet tones of some Christmas music, and it was the picture of perfect.

Now, it had been years since I'd paid a visit to the Olympic Restaurant. I don't remember much, but I do remember that I didn't like it. As such, it was time to adjust my expectations. So, if you're a long-time reader, you know what happens next. I get a burger, and since they offered it, I got the signature burger.

Now, I be forthcoming in my love affair with the toppings. Be it a burger, a gyro, a pizza, or even an Italian beef, I love green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. This burger only deepened that already blackened abyss of love. The toppings were so perfectly diced and piled together, it was a marvel. They stayed intact on the burger with only a few scant pieces falling to the plate. I was shocked. The patty was the right amount of thickness with a good quality of meat that only oozed juice. The lightly toasted and buttered bun held everything firmly in place and the choir of flavors sang loudly in my mouth.

I was shocked, and maybe even a little appalled at how good this burger was. How had I been denied something this tasty for so long!? Right when it was in my own backyard! Whether it be a fluke or simply a mistake on my part, it has been rectified. For the price and quality, I will certainly be heading back to the Olympic Restaurant, should the opportunity arise.

On the side:
Simple, but wonderfully cooked fries that only complimented the juicy burger with the salt and starch.

Comments