Red Robin - Whiskey River BBQ Burger

Place: Red Robin
Location: Rockford, IL
Ingredients: Onion straws, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, Whiskey River BBQ sauce


Verdict:
I wasn't sure that I had reviewed this burger yet. I know that it is a regular burger I order and that I have reviewed plenty like it. But you're in luck! I haven't covered this one yet!


Let me paint a picture for you. It's a moderately sized metropolitan area a few days before Christmas. At a mall packed full of cars and people carrying bags, a lonely depressed man makes his way from store to store, purchasing the requisite gifts for those in his life. Now, this is a rare day to himself. What should he do?

The correct answer is to reward himself with some undeserved Red Robin. As I mentioned earlier, there are many variations of the Whiskey River BBQ burger. Nearly everywhere you go, be it a chain restaurant or a mom and pop joint, will have their own version of the burger. It's become something of a staple.

But I have a very soft spot for Red Robin. I have yet to have a bad burger there. Each time I go, the burger is prepared just the way I remember it and it's all at a very reasonable rate. As such, it's hard to beat them in terms of price and quality.

If you've had a BBQ burger with onion strings, you know what you're getting here. The burger isn't unique in the construction, but it's that reliability that makes it so good. The veggies don't distract from the smokey flavor of the BBQ and it's not so loaded that you'll be left with sticky fingers. If you like BBQ and burgers, there's no way you can go wrong with this one.

On the side:
Red Robin's signature steak fries. Just as reliable and tasty as the burgers themselves.

Comments