App of the Week: Twitch

Twitch
Developer: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Platform: Android, iOS
Price: Free!


There's no denying the huge impact that Twitch has made in the lives of gamers. Everyone, from major tournaments to the 30 year old guy with cats can blast their gameplay out for all to see. But what good is streaming, if there's no one to watch? Don't you worry, baby birds. Twitch has your back.

While I've never been a fan of the web client's layout, the Twitch app is fairly easy to navigate and find what you're after. It is fully functional for both streamers and viewers. I use it regularly to both update my status while streaming and to monitor my chat. There are plenty of options, while viewing, to show only the chat, mute the channel, etc.

Since the app streams the content like any other device, the quality of the stream is solely dependent on your connection speed. As such, there is no problem at all when watching on your phone or tablet. Even though I'm slow in joining the rest of the gaming world with streaming, it's a must have app for myself. I can't recommend it enough.

Comments