Merch Store

Wow, it's been a really long time since I've taken the time to sit down and write out a post. One sentence in and it feels kind of good. Like maybe I should make it a habit. Huh, strange.

Anywho, I've been running this site in one form or another for over a decade now. There have been highs and lows. Lots of lows. But, I keep coming back and so do you. I appreciate that, I genuinely do. It's always exciting when I check stats and see all the folks that pop in from all over the world. Sure, there aren't a lot of comments, but the fact that my content is being seen is enough for me.


Now, one of the things that I had always wanted to do was to set up an online store front. Those that have been visiting for some time now, know that I have done this once in the past. I don't even remember who the store was hosted through, but it was just t-shirts and they were terrible. But now, now I think we've found something special.

Several weeks ago, I opened a new store front through the kind folks at RedBubble. Why RedBubble? Well, I stumbled across them by accident. You see, I was searching around for some Destiny shirts and decals. Now, Bungie has a fine offering, but it is limited and expensive. Stuff on Amazon and eBay is hit or miss. So, I got risky and just did a general search for Destiny t-shirts. This led me to a listing on RedBubble, which led to another listing. I went down a rabbit hole and my bank account wept. Several days later, I had my shirts. The quality was great and the price was agreeable.

What sets RedBubble apart from other stores is that all of the content is created by an individual like your or me. People create their storefronts (hosted by RedBubble), upload their content, and RedBubble will make the items (t-shirts, stickers, posters, bags, etc.), handle shipping, and process the payments. It's an extremely easy way to get your goods out there. These were folks that were passionate about the same thing I was (Destiny) and made shirts for fans like themselves.

So that's just what I did. I went through my folders and uploaded the best of the best photography I had and listed them as prints. I made a custom design for Friday Night Smite shirts. And this morning, I remade The Unwashed Asses logo and plastered it on everything. Not until this last bit did it really sink in. Here is something that represents all the hard work and time I've put into my craft. From drawing to short stories to photography and podcasts. Here is a place where I can reap the fruits of my labor. A way to make what is mostly digital content real.

Now, this isn't a plea or a pitch for you to go buy my goods. I won't lie, that would be amazing, but that's not the point of this. This is simply me taking the time to reflect on all these years. Now I have to stop and wonder what the future holds.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Comments