Popeye's "The Ultimate Cheeseburger"

Place: Popeye's
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Burger: The Ultimate Burger
Ingredients: Two 6oz patties loaded with: country smoked bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions and mushrooms on a fresh grilled roll. Served with seasoned fries.

I just can't catch a break in this town. The burger itself was mammoth, drawing the attention of all who saw it. As it was set before me, I could only sigh in disappointment. The grease was already oozing onto my plate. I picked up the burger and grease rained down onto my plate. The first bite was everything I expected,  bland and tasteless. The bountiful helping of toppings did nothing to quell the lump of meat nestled between the grease-soaked buns. Halfway through, the entire mess fell apart. At this point, the bun was little more than a wet napkin and I had no desire to rebuild the abomination.

On the side: seasoned fries

Zero out of five stars


Comments