The Year in Review: 2011

2011 is done and over.  Now it's time to sit back and reflect on games played and whether or not I finished them.  I've modified this year's list from previous entries.  I've removed DLC content from the list.  Even if the DLC could take upwards of three hours to beat, it's not a complete game.  The rules for MMOs still stand.  to be considered beaten, I must have reached the level cap with at least one character.  Granted, all of these games may not have been released in 2011.  For an older game to qualify on this list, I must not have beaten it until some point in this year.  With that out of the way, here's the list.

Beaten: 22

Xbox 360
Alan Wake
Blur
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 
Dead Space 2
Devil May Cry 4
Dorito's Crash Course
Gears of War 3
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Kung Fu Panda
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Prince of Persia
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Saints Row 2
Vanquish

PC
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Windows Phone
Geo Defense
Need for Speed: Underground
Shuffle Party

Played but not beaten: 10

Xbox 360
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Final Fantasy XIII
Scott Pilgrim vs the World

PC
Brawl Busters
DC Universe Online
Rusty Hearts

Windows Phone
ilomilo
The Harvest
Twin Blades

Wii
Dead Space: Extraction

All told, I played 32 games that qualified for the list.  Again, this does not include games that I've beaten previously.  This year's completion percentage is 69%, up from 2010's 44% and 2009's 59%.  While I'm glad the completion rate has gone up, I've noticed that the number of games on the list is on a steady decline.

How did you do this year?

Comments