The Polk-a-Dot Drive-In's Double Cheeseburger

Place: The Polk-a-Dot Drive-In
Location: Braidwood, IL
Burger: Double Cheeseburger
Ingredients: Two beef patties, american cheese, diced onion, and pickles


Verdict:

This was a burger I had grown up on.  It was the one that had ignited my passion for burgers and put them at the top as my all time favorite meal.  It's been a number of years since I've had one, so I made it a point to pick up a few while I was in the area.

The burger was just as I remembered it: thick, juicy, and heavy.  The cheese was perfectly melted and held everything in place as I wolfed it down.  The burger was a fine start when I was younger, but after tasting far superior burgers, it's gone down quite a few pegs.  That doesn't stop it from keeping a special place in my heart.  It's a rock steady burger that is adequate for any burger lover or those that only eat one every now and then.

On the Side:
The best chocolate malt I've ever had and starchy fries.

Four out of five stars

Comments