City of Heroes Freedom to Shut Down


Earlier today, Paragon Studios' Community Manager, Andy Belford, made a post of the City of Heroes site that Paragon Studios will be closing.  This decision comes from NC Soft "in a realignment of company focus and publishing support".  As such, all subscription billing and Paragon Market purchasing have been discontinued.  He goes on to say "I implore you all, fovus on the good things of CoH and Paragon Studios.  Don't dwell on the "how" or the "why", but rather join us in celebrating the legacy of an amazing partnership between players and the development team."

City of Heroes was launched in North America on April 27, 2004.  Over the course of its eight year run, there have been 23 free updates and two major expansions released.  It was my first MMO and I met @Shaihulude because of it.  I spent plenty of hours bringing down the forces of evil and just hanging out during the many incredible holiday events.

The servers will remain open until November 30, 2012.  Undoubtedly, I'll be spending a great deal more time playing it and plan on being there when Paragon finally goes dark.  I hope to see you there.

Official Site

Comments