Bayonetta 2 E3 Trailer



Day two of E3 was kind of slow for me as I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo for multiple reasons.  Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't hate Nintendo.  It's just that their lackluster software line-up and constant cookie cutter sequels of their franchises have worn thin.  I just can't get excited about playing Mario 25 on a next-gen console using current-gen technology.

However, there is one title that Nintendo has acquired that demands my attention.  2009 was a low point in gaming for me.  I was getting burned out on the over abundance of first person shooters that had saturated the market.  I wasn't having fun playing games anymore.  Just when I was about to throw in the towel, I picked up a title that turned all of that around.  Bayonetta was an exuberant, shameless, punishing treat of a game.  It was ridiculous and over-the-top without shoving it down my throat.  To this day, it remains in my top 10 games of all time.

A sequel to my personal favorite action title is an exciting prospect.  What's less than exciting is that it will be a Wii U exclusive.  While I give thanks to Nintendo for saving the series by partnering with developer Platinum Games, I'm frustrated that if I want to play, I have to buy a console.  If I were to justify buying a console for one game, I'd be filled with remorse as it collected dust in between play sessions.  That's exactly what happened with the Wii at my home and I can guarantee the Wii U would suffer the same fate.

It will be some time until Bayonetta 2 is released in 2014.  Maybe the Wii U will have a better library to support it.  Or maybe...just maybe...after Nintendo has taken their fill of the initial sales, we'll see a port to PC.  One can only hope.

Comments